Code of Conduct
ODTUG is an independent, not-for-profit, global organization whose sole purpose is to keep its members on the cutting-edge of the constantly changing Oracle technology landscape. Its mission is to establish ODTUG members as leaders in their organizations through education, timely access to the latest information, communication, and networking within the community, and to provide a united voice to influence the strategic direction of Oracle and other vendors.
As part of its mission, ODTUG conducts various meetings including, but not limited to, official ancillary events and social gatherings (“Meetings”) for its members, at which all participants, including, but not limited to, its members, attendees, etc., are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
ODTUG expects all participants of its Meetings to:
- conduct themselves in a professional manner that is considerate and respectful in all aspects and that fosters a collegial, inclusive, and collaborative environment, and
- respect the rules and policies of ODTUG, as well as the Meeting venue, hotels, and contracted facility.
ODTUG does not, and will not, tolerate the following unacceptable behavior by any participant in an ODTUG Meeting:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions;
- Physical or verbal abuse of any participant, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ODTUG staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest;
- Real or implied threats of physical harm including, but not limited to, physical assault (including unwelcome touch or groping); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; or persistent and unwelcome solicitation of physical intimacy regardless of whether accompanied by real or implied threat of physical or other harm;
- Prejudicial actions or comments related to actual or perceived gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, ability or disability, socioeconomic status, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion that coerce others, create hostility, or otherwise undermine norms of common decency, as well as inappropriate use or displays of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces;
- Harassing photography or recording;
- Disruption of talks or other events.
Upon ODTUG’s reasonable determination that a violation of this Code of Conduct has occurred at an ODTUG Meeting, ODTUG reserves the right to issue a verbal warning, to eject a participant from the Meeting without refund, and to notify authorities. ODTUG also reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future ODTUG Meeting. ODTUG does not tolerate retaliation for complaints of unacceptable behavior.
If you are the recipient of any unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior at an ODTUG Meeting, please immediately notify an ODTUG staff member on-site or e-mail your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org. ODTUG strongly advises anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to either tell a security guard or locate a phone and ask for security.