Every year, ODTUG Kscope attendees support the local community through a service project
This year we're partnering with Mile High Behavioral Healthcare
ODTUG Kscope is a singularly unique event in Oracle user group conferences. One reason is our signature Community Service Day project, during which ODTUG Kscope attendees give back to the local community.
This year, ODTUG has partnered with Mile High Behavioral Health Care at the Aurora Day Resource Center for our community service day project. Based in Aurora, Colorado, MHBHC is a nonprofit relief agency that provides a caring, seamless continuum of behavioral healthcare to those in need. Who they serve:
- Veterans, women, men, LGBTQ+ individuals, single-parent families, men and women living with HIV, transgender and gender-expansive individuals, and youth
- Those with mental health and substance use issues and co-occurring disorders
- Individuals with trauma, relationship issues, gay men's wellness issues, those experiencing homelessness, and youth struggling to find their way
- Transgender and gender-expansive individuals
- VA-eligible single women and families who are experiencing homelessness
- Families who are experiencing homeless
- Youth living in motels in Aurora
- Youth who are runaway, living without a home
- Individuals returning to the community from incarceration
The Aurora Day Resource Center provides:
- Housing assistance, employment services, financial literacy, and other resources
- Computer lab and clothing
- Hygiene items, showers, laundry, and sleeping bays
- Breakfast and lunch
- Mail, document retention, and medication storage
- Dental, medical and behavioral healthcare services
- Job readiness training program
June 24, 2023
ODTUG Kscope attendees will be sorting donations in their different categories, cleaning, painting, working in the garden.
If you want to join ODTUG Kscope in giving back to this truly amazing organization, sign up today! Space is limited.
MHBHC relies on the generosity of individuals and community-minded companies to support its mission of providing assistance to individuals and families in crisis and guidance toward self-sufficiency. Companies or individuals donating $300 or more by May 9, 2023, will have their names or logos featured on the back of the official Kathleen McCasland Community Service Day t-shirt. No donation is too small! Make sure to indicate Kscope23 in the dedication section of the donation page.
What kind of activities will there be at Community Service Day?
There will be indoor and outdoor activities such as donation sorting, cleaning, painting, gardening, etc.
How can I sign up?
Sign up when you register for ODTUG Kscope23, or if you are already registered, log back in to your registration and select the Community Service Day option. If you can’t participate due to travel plans, you can make a donation in support of MHBHC.
Is this an all-day event?
No. Plan on 12:00–5:00 p.m. Lunch will be served at the Aurora Day Resource Center before the activity starts.
Do I need to bring my own food and drink?
There will be a lunch provided at the Aurora Day Resource Center. Water will be provided for volunteers.
Where are we going, and how will I get there?
Aurora Day Resource Center is located at 13387 E. 19th Place, Aurora, We will be taking a bus from the Gaylord Rockies.
What should I wear?
Your Kathleen McCasland Community Service Day t-shirt (which you will receive on site) and closed-toed shoes; the rest is up to you.